Dixie State University Campus Store
Payroll Deduction Election and Authorization
University Payroll Deduction Program for full-time Dixie State University Employees Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
NO RETURNS FOR ITEMS PURCHASED ON PAYROLL
Guidelines for the Dixie State University Campus Store Payroll Deduction Program:
- Payroll deduction is currently available for computer hardware only; it cannot be used for textbooks, general books, educational supplies, merchandise, or other services.
- Only University employees may use payroll deduction; family members are not eligible for payroll deduction. The employee must be present to sign the Payroll Deduction Election and Authorization Form. Employee must present a valid University ID at the time of purchase.
- An initial setup fee of $25 will be payable at the time of purchase for each payroll deduction.
- After a product is purchased on this program, the payroll deduction will begin within one to two pay periods depending on purchase date. The payroll deduction will be deducted after taxes on your paycheck.
- Only one deduction is allowed at one time.
- There are no returns or refunds for items purchased through the Campus Store Payroll Deduction Program.
- Payroll Deduction Credit Limit is $2,000.
- Purchase Amount/Pay Periods are as follows: Purchases from $101-$500 up to 6 pay periods; from $501-$1,000 up to 8 pay periods; from$1,001-$1,500 up to 10 pay periods; and from $1,501-$2,000 up to 12 pay periods.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can a family member purchase a product through payroll deduction? No. The University Campus Store’s Payroll Deduction Program is for current full-time Dixie State University employees only.
- What if I don’t have my ID card with me? We can hold your order until you can return with your ID card. We cannot process an order without a copy of your ID card.
- Can I purchase more than one item at a time? Yes, but you cannot exceed the established credit limits without manager authorization.
- What if I want to spend more than the established credit limits and the person I am working with cannot contact the appropriate manager? We will request approval for your order and call you once we have heard back on the request.
- What if I leave the University and still owe money? If the amount owed is not satisfied/paid through payroll, or your last paycheck, you will have 30 days to remit full payment or set up a payment plan before it is sent to collections. If a payment plan is set up you will be charged a $10.00 per month or 1.5% interest rate each month (whatever is higher). The Campus Store reserves the right to waive this fee.
- Can I put a deposit on my purchase, and pay the balance through payroll deductions? Yes. On the forms, we will list the amount paid, and then list, “balance of $___ to be paid through payroll deduction.”
- What will I see on my paycheck? You will see a deduction amount and an abbreviated description such as BkStrDed – Bookstore Deduction. The total on your emailed pay stub is cumulative for the calendar year.
- Can I extend the number of pay periods that I pay for my purchase? No. We need to stay within the established guidelines of 6, 8, 10, or 12 deduction periods.
- When will the first payroll deductions happen? The deduction will start within two pay periods after the payroll deduction program was established, subject to payroll cutoff deadlines. (The first payroll deduction will begin on the 15th or EOM paycheck)
- Where do I inquire on my payroll deduction balance? Please call our Accounts Receivable office @ 435-652-7648 during the hours of 8:00am-12:00pm Monday-Friday.